Knowledge Integrity, Inc., is seeking self-motivated individuals with a passion for data! If you have an interest in information and data management, data quality, metadata, data standards, semantics, taxonomies, data modeling, master data management, data mining, or all of the above, Knowledge Integrity is the place for you. At Knowledge Integrity, our focus is on helping our customers to fully understand and best manage their information assets to most effectively achieve their business objectives. Our primary focus is helping our clients manage the rising tide of information arising from the collection, migration, transmission, use, sharing, and analysis of data.
Interested parties: please forward a resume, a writing sample, and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently staffing the following positions in the Washington, DC and Baltimore, MD areas to evolve our growing practices in information management data quality and data standards management:
DSM-01 Information Analyst
The Information Analyst will oversee the continued growth of our client’s information and data standards program, support on-going data standards activities, and encourage and guide new information and data standards activities. The Information Analyst will work with business managers, analysts, and IT analysts (data modelers, database architects/DBAs) to support our client’s innovative approach to collaborative information and data standards management. This position requires the understanding of the business relevance of the information. The Information Analyst will be the point of contact for the Data Standards Registry, a metadata-based utility for sharing standards information.
The Information Analyst responsibilities include:
• Overseeing the continued development and enhancement of information and data standards guidelines and governance documents, along with their adoption and applications.
• Managing the Data Standards Registry
• Coordinating collaborative efforts for defining commonly used business terms
• Reporting on the status of information and data standards initiatives.
• Developing and reviewing instructions for both form-based and online reporting.
• Reviewing submitted data standards candidates, and ensuring that data standards governance and guidelines are being consistently applied.
• Reviewing data standards, definitions and names for conformance to naming conventions.
• Developing practices for the conversion of paper forms into electronic data exchange documents
• Responding to questions about data standards-related practices and activities and documentation.
• Developing training material and providing training on data standards.
• Participating as a member of the Data Standards Steering Committee, Data Standards Oversight Board, planning meetings and taking and distributing minutes.
• Facilitating the administration of information and data standards activities of workgroups whose charters involve data exchange and/or data standards, including scheduling meetings, preparing meeting material, documenting meeting conversations, and preparing and distributing meeting notes and minutes.
• Working with cross-enterprise stakeholders and participants to help in their adoption of agreed-to data standards.
• Researching and adopting information and data standards industry best practices
• Reporting on the data standards program
The candidate should possess and apply a combination of strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and business and IT knowledge to help clients enhance the value, quality, usability and availability of information.
Strong communication skills are required – candidate must have superior writing and presentation skills. Samples must be provided.
Experience/familiarity with information and data standards, metadata management, data quality, data exchange, XML, and data modeling is desired. In addition, the candidate should have the following skills:
• BA and at least 4 years of professional working experience.
• Experience in developing workflow models and processes
• Experience in developing data standards
• Understanding of semantics
• Effective interpersonal skills and a record of high-quality customer support.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, respond well to ad hoc tasks, and meet critical deadlines.
• Experience with and understanding of databases.
• An understanding of information technology concepts Enterprise Architecture, Information Architecture, database models
• Proficient writing skills
• Project management experience
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Experience researching, organizing, and presenting information for planning and tracking purposes.
Posted by: Administrator